Thursday 21 July 2011

Breakfast in Bed

I heard whispering and banging in the kitchen as I went past
on the way to the loo this morning.
"What are you kids doing" I asked. "Go away Mummy and go back to bed,
it's a surprise" I was told. "Don't come in here"
So as a good mama, I did what I was told and went back to bed.
I then woke up hubby and warned him breakfast in bed would be coming
shortly. Of course Mr Tidy freak, moaned about the state the kitchen
would be, but I told him to shush and enjoy the moment.
Before too long, in came Siena Biena, carrying a red spotted tray, with
breakfast for Mama. On the tray was, 1 little cupcake, 2 round sammies cut
out with cookie cutters, one with sprinkles, and the other, fejoa jam,
a manderin, and a little container with almonds......yummo!
Next came, Potato, first with a wine glass of juice, which he has placed
a frozen strawberry and boysenberry, I liked the touch, for his father,
and then shortly after he came back balencing the rest of daddy's
breakfast on a wire cookie tray,you know the sort you put the biscuits on to
cool down after taking them from the oven, anyway, for daddy he had a bowl
of cereal with soy milk, also a mandarin, a sammie filled with sprinkles,
and a homemade ginger nut.
THEN WITH BIG SATISFIED SMILES ON THEIR FACES,they sat on our bed, munching
on the biscuit and cupcake they had given us, and watched us enjoy the breakfast
that had been prepared with much love.
It was a breakfast like none ever, and a real treat, and even better, I stayed
in bed a bit longer and let hubby dearest clean up the kitchen.
A lovely start to the day, and a lovely end to the first week of the
school holidays.
Thankyou my darling children, I will keep you on for another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment