Monday 13 June 2011

A Home With My Name on It.

I have found myself de-cluttering today, chucking away things
I don't need anymore, broken toys, and lots of other crap
that one has, after 9 years of living in one place.

I'm still amazed at how much "stuff" we have. I went to Hong Kong
with one suitcase, when I returned to NZ in 2002,I bought back
half a shipping crate, plus a husband and newly adopted 8 year
old son...and now, well the eyes are just boggling.

I am finding a need to de-clutter and throw away at the moment
because in 3 weeks we will be shifting from our "home",
to live somewhere else.

This home is our first "family" home, we bought Scooby here from HK,
we bought Ennybelle home from the hospital,and Potato,
well he was born on the kitchen floor. And then there's Jethro
and all the memories we have of his short life - I know we
will take all those memories with us, but it is still hard
to leave this place.

Probably harder, because we have no-where to go yet - we just
can't find a place to live, a place to rent, in our area. And I
tell you , we have looked.

But as crazy as it is, I know it will all work out, and I just know
in my heart, there is a home out there "WITH MY NAME ON IT" - I
have this peace in my heart, that it is all under control,even
tho my head contradicts this often - and reminds me "its only 3 weeks"

If God can provide food for the birds, and dress the lillies in the field,
then I just know, for me, his daughter he will provide a shelter
for my family.

So here I am, beginning to de-clutter, throw way, and box up my 'stuff'
in anticipation for the big move in 3 weeks to
"A Home With My Name on It"

Misty

2 comments:

  1. I miss you Misty! We are praying for you guys! And yes, a HOME with YOUR NAMES ALL OVER IT!! near us!! (I feel we have only just started the whole friendship thing, so no fair if you move too far away......However, God's plan is for good, His good. So who knows huh? It will happen.
    MJ and I believe you guys have so much to give in kingdom building - we know that God has got your back!!
    Love ya,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will find something perfect! I firmly believe that God picked our next house for us. While house hunting we took a wrong turn and saw a 'for sale by owner' and it was the one!
    We are in the middle of the same process at the moment. We move on Saturday.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete